To learn the posture benefits for your body, the injury warnings and step-by-step instructions for this yoga pose (plus more HOT photos...) keep reading!!
• Strengthens the wrists, arms, shoulders, back, and spine.
• Stretches the legs and hips.
• Improves the respiratory function.
• Stretches the intestines and abdominal organs.
• Stimulates the thyroid gland
Since the whole weight of the body is to be supported mainly by the hands and wrists, people with wrist injuries should avoid this asana.
Also, those suffering from any neck injury should either completely avoid doing this posture or use the support of a chair while practicing the pose.
1. Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you, keeping the feet together and the spine erect.
2. Place the palms on the floor around the waist or at shoulder level, fingertips pointing away from you. Do not bend the arms.
3. Lean back and support the weight of your body with your hands.
4. Breathing in, raise the pelvis up, keeping the whole body straight.
5. Keep your knees straight and bring the feet flat to the floor. Place the toes on the ground and the sole will then tend to be on the ground. Let the head fall back towards the floor.
6. Hold the pose and continue breathing.
7. As you exhale, come back to a sitting position and relax.
8. Repeat the posture with your fingers pointing in the opposite direction.
If you enjoyed this please LIKE, SHARE, COMMENT and LIKE PAGE – fb.me/loveandyoga
Also, visit http://burn.loveandyoga to discover a very powerful tool to a retaining an injury-free yoga practice, while ensuring a happy, strong life.